Those who live and work in the Heartland Region may become members of this Chapter. Also, professionals whose work is aired in the Heartland Region (but who do not live here) may become members. Membership in another chapter may be transferrable. The Heartland Chapter includes these DMAs: Denver, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Wichita/Hutchinson, Omaha, Colorado Springs/Pueblo, Lincoln/Hastings-Kearney, Topeka, Grand Junction/Montrose, Cheyenne/Scottsbluff, Casper/Riverton and North Platte.
The Heartland Chapter’s membership period runs from January through December; annual renewal is necessary to keep your membership current. Your information is completely confidential to NATAS; it may be shared with the national NATAS organization. Professional and Associate membership rates are $65 annually; a discount is available for a 2-year pre-paid membership. Student Membership rates are $15 per year.
~New Member Application Form
~LOG IN to your membership profile: to renew your membership, to judge entries, to enter the awards competition, and to pay an invoice
~Create a Registered User account (you’ll be submitting entries but not as a member)
Membership Rate Increase for 2018
It’s time to renew your NATAS membership for 2018, and if you renew before December 31st, we have a deal for you! Renew now at the rate of $5/annually or $100 for two years – with a discount on membership dues of $10 if you judged 3 or more panels in 2017 (log into your membership profile to see if you’re eligible).
Here’s why renewing now is important: for the first time in over a decade, we’re raising membership dues to $65/annually ($120 for a two year renewal) effective December 18, 2017. The Heartland Chapter dues will still be one of the lowest of all 19 chapters.
Why the increase? Our Emmy® Awards galas are now one of the best social events of the year and attendance is at an all-time high. Last year, we upgraded the venue, food and drink as well as production. And the July 2017 show was our most successful gala ever in both attendance and awards. Our chapter’s Emmy Awards are lauded as one of the best in the country and we’ll continue the celebration of outstanding excellence in broadcast work in our chapter this year.
As a reminder, member benefits include discounted entry fees in the awards competition, access to programs, and chapter news. So don’t wait until next year – renew now to get your discounted rate!
- Affiliation with over 800 television professionals throughout Colorado, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, and Wyoming, all of whom are committed to the highest standards of professional excellence.
- Regional newsletter “… and now this!” and information on chapter programs and events.
- Significantly reduced price on entry fees for the annual Emmy® awards competition.
- Automatic membership in the National NATAS organization.
- Free or discounted admission to many of our chapter’s seminars and events.
- When you judge 3 or more times during a calendar year, you’ll earn a $10 discount on membership dues for the coming year. There is no limit to the amount of judging you can do, as long as you’re qualified to judge (have experience in) the categories you choose.
Members and Entrants!
By entering, you agree to serve as a judge when asked, and that judging must occur during calendar year 2016 – the year of your entry.
- If you enter once, you’ll need to judge once
- If you enter twice, you’ll need to judge twice
- If you enter three or more times, you’ll need to judge at least 3 times
If you don’t meet your judging requirement, your entry fees will increase by $25 the next time you enter the competition.
Check your status on your membership profile, and look for the emoji:
There are typically 6-9 opportunities to judge other chapters’ entries during the year (we call them Rounds) and all entrants are notified via email. You can expect to see these judging notices regularly through July/August, after which the judging is on an unscheduled basis – if at all.
What’s the time commitment for judging? 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the category; judging can be done anywhere you have a computer; it’s all online.